Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Mama Radar
My mama radar is off the charts. We're on day 6 of school. Gavin has wet the bed every single school night, but not on the weekends. We took him to the doctor to be sure there was no physical reason for this to be happening. He had a minor ear infection, but no UTI. His principal and his teacher both talk about how "great" this school year is going. I mean, it's nice that you think so, but he's really suffering. He just holds it in until he sees me. Every fiber of my being wants to fix this. I want to pull him and homeschool him. I want to put him in second grade. I want to make that damn teacher do what she says she will - differentiate. But it's only Day 6. I'm not sure she has had time. Gavin told me she pulled him to the side and had him read to her, just him. It was The Birthday Queen, a picture book. I cannot find a grade level equivalent for it. So maybe she was seeing if he could read it before moving to something harder. I just can't tell. I want to fix it. I know that I cannot homeschool at this point and time. I have too many medical issues that I have to address while he's in school. I'm not ruling it out for the future, though it kind of makes me mad because we moved here specifically for the schools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment